World of craziness

Back to Article
Back to Article

World of craziness

This is Jennifer Armentrout’s newest book that was released on October 30, 2018.

Photo by Ashley Gomez

Photo by Ashley Gomez

Photo by Ashley Gomez

Ashley Gomez, Writer

The amazing and entrancing book called ‘The Darkest Star’ is by Jennifer L. Armentrout. She has written multiple series of many different topics. Her most popular books are the ‘Lux’ series, which is a series full of aliens. Now her newest series is set in the same world; it is called the ‘Origin’ series.

‘The Darkest Star’ takes place in a small town a few years after the war and invasion of the Luxen, an alien race that has merged into the society. The story starts out with the main character, Evelyn (or Evie as her friends call her), going to a club so her best friend could see her soon to be girlfriend. It is here where she meets Luc, the owner of the club. Evie quickly discovers that things are not what they seem after a fellow student goes missing on the same night that the bar is raided. This sets the story in its path.

Since you are thrown right into the middle of a scene, the beginning of this story is quite confusing, but the author does a good job letting you know about the past of these characters through foreshadowing and storytelling.

Armentrout also uses lots of details in her story. She paints a picture helping you envision what is going on and transports you into the story. My favorite part of the book were the characters that she created. She made them seem very real so you can feel like you are part of the book.

Overall, this was an amazing book that was full of shocking realizations, immense details, and brilliantly thought out scenes.