Kissing our seniors goodbye

Back to Article
Back to Article

Kissing our seniors goodbye

The note from secretaries Kathy Angotti and Jennifer Cooper to senior Tony Jimenez who aided for them for three years.

Photo Provided By Ton Jimenez

Photo Provided By Ton Jimenez

Photo Provided By Ton Jimenez

Erica Addington, Writer

Last week, Key Club held its annual “Kiss the Seniors Goodbye,” Hershey kiss bags with little heart notes. This took place during all lunches, selling for a dollar, and then passed out Thursday during fourth and seventh period. This was a good way to let students show their appreciation towards their senior friends.

Although this is not something new, it still takes the seniors by surprise when they receive these little gifts.

Senior Kyle Brown received two bags, one from an anonymous person and another from one of his close friends. Brown participated in buying these kisses himself when he was a junior, buying one of his senior neighbors a Hershey kiss bag. Brown said that it was very heartwarming to get one himself.

“I didn’t even expect to get any. I felt special that people thought of me in that way,” said Brown.

Our office secretaries Kathy Angotti and Jennifer Cooper also thought about our seniors as they bought kisses for all of their aids. Every year they get to see their senior aids come and go so this was a very bittersweet moment for them.

“It’s sad, it’s very sad to see them go because some of them we’ve had since freshman year,” said Angotti.

Senior Tony Jimenez, an office aide since his sophomore year, says that his day was lifted when he saw that our secretaries thought of him.

Seeing the seniors leave is bittersweet, and this “Kiss a Senior Goodbye” event was a good way to show them that people care and they will truly be missed.

All proceeds collected by Key Club from this fundraiser was donated to Riley’s Children’s Hospital in Indianapolis.

Erica Addington, Writer

Erica Addington has been a part of the staff for 3 years now. She has a passion for writing and working with animals in hopes to one day become a zoologist....