Local band rocks Highland

(From left to right) HHS graduate Sam Pizzuto and seniors Liam Curran, Husam Suboh, and Hubble Salgado performing at Tinker's Attic

Provided By: Sam Pizzuto

Sarah Liden, Writer

Do you often find yourself becoming bored of the music you are listening to? Have you been itching to discover new artists? “Brantwood” is a four piece band made up of seniors Hubble Salgado, Husam Suboh, Liam Curran, and HHS graduate Sam Pizzuto. You may recognize the band, formerly known as “The Influence.” Identifying themselves as a “genuine basement rock” band, “Brantwood” has been together for five years. The name change came within the past few months, since they were working on their first single “2+2.”  

“We all got into the car one night to discuss some recording business and the name came out on the spot. It’s a park in my neighborhood that we’ve spent countless hours and have a lot of good memories at,” says Pizzuto.

“To be honest, we didn’t like the (old) name anymore. We grew out of it, and Brantwood has more meaning to us,” says Salgado.

On January 26, 2018, the band released their single “2+2” on all streaming services.

“All the feedback we’ve gotten has been nothing but positive, I honestly wasn’t expecting muchs” says Suboh.

“It got really positive feedback and I wasn’t expecting that whatsoever. I didn’t know that many people in the area knew about us, so when we reached a thousand streams on Spotify I was taken aback” says Curran.

As for the future, the band plans to release more singles and further in a the future, an EP. At the end of the summer, the band plans to study music at Dark Horse in Franklin, Tennessee. It is there where they plan to continue releasing music and work on creating an album.

If you have not had the chance to see them perform, do not worry. They will be performing all around the Highland area all summer. You may see them performing at the upcoming HHS prom as well.